Petition to Pres. Obama demanding SI apology has been removed | News
The series Sports Illustrated has posted over the last week alleging misconduct in the OSU football program has sparked outrage in Oklahoma and across the country.
On Friday, a petition to President Barack Obama and the White House was gaining traction online.
The petition demanded Sports Illustrated print an apology to OSU and fire the authors of the series, George Dohrmann and Thayer Evans.
The creator of the petition stated that SI’s series contains “extensive inaccuracies” which seem to “serve no other purpose other than to defame OSU”
It also stated SI manipulated quotes, ignored facts and did not get the other side of the story.
However, just hours after the petition found its way to the White House’s petition site, it was taken down.
On the site, it stated that the post was removed from the site “under our Moderation Policy because it is in violation of our Terms of Participation.”
Under the website’s Terms of Participation, it states that you cannot post “petitions that do not address the current or potential actions or policies of the federal government,” which could be the reason for its removal.
Upcoming Events near Stillwater
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Icy roads to blame for 45 car accident, Oklahoma woman pronounced dead
- Science icon speaking at OSU, Bill Nye to answer questions
- Early morning scare at Oklahoma State University after reported bomb threat
- Snow quake rattles awake Stillwater, Langston this morning
- ‘It was just a matter of time,’ Texas Tech ‘superfan’ to skip rest of season after OSU incident