Donations needed for family fundraiser | Community Spirit
A group of friends and family gathered this weekend to support a local man who is suffering from liver failure.
Residents in Perkins spent their day on Saturday enjoying great company and great food, while supporting a local man.
Chad Collum is suffering from liver failure and doctors say he is desperately in need of a liver transplant.
Until a suitable donor can be found, Collum will be visiting doctors weekly.
To help take some of the stress off Chad and his family, friends organized a benefit fundraiser and dinner this past Saturday.
Visitors were able to bid on items like an Ipad, Coach purse and baskets of goodies while enjoying a delicious meal.
Even though Saturday's fundraiser was a great beginning, there is still a need for more donations for another fundraiser.
Organizers are asking the community to help with their next fundraiser for the Collum family.
To donate items toward the fundraiser, call Stacy Beal at (405) 547-2158 or drop off items at Model Tee, located at 115 S. Main St. in Perkins.
The Chad Collum Fund has also been set up at the Payne County Bank in Perkins.
Upcoming Events near Stillwater
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stillwater Silver Alert: Authorities ask help finding missing 86-year-old woman
- 5-time NFL award winner, Super Bowl winning quarterback to visit local university
- Member of legendary football family to speak at Oklahoma State
- There could be a problem with your specialty license
- Great State: OSU Quidditch Team Loses Snitch, and World Cup in Myrtle Beach