Donations needed for family fundraiser | Community Spirit
A group of friends and family gathered this weekend to support a local man who is suffering from liver failure.
Residents in Perkins spent their day on Saturday enjoying great company and great food, while supporting a local man.
Chad Collum is suffering from liver failure and doctors say he is desperately in need of a liver transplant.
Until a suitable donor can be found, Collum will be visiting doctors weekly.
To help take some of the stress off Chad and his family, friends organized a benefit fundraiser and dinner this past Saturday.
Visitors were able to bid on items like an Ipad, Coach purse and baskets of goodies while enjoying a delicious meal.
Even though Saturday's fundraiser was a great beginning, there is still a need for more donations for another fundraiser.
Organizers are asking the community to help with their next fundraiser for the Collum family.
To donate items toward the fundraiser, call Stacy Beal at (405) 547-2158 or drop off items at Model Tee, located at 115 S. Main St. in Perkins.
The Chad Collum Fund has also been set up at the Payne County Bank in Perkins.
Upcoming Events near Stillwater
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Icy roads to blame for 45 car accident, Oklahoma woman pronounced dead
- Science icon speaking at OSU, Bill Nye to answer questions
- Early morning scare at Oklahoma State University after reported bomb threat
- Snow quake rattles awake Stillwater, Langston this morning
- ‘It was just a matter of time,’ Texas Tech ‘superfan’ to skip rest of season after OSU incident